Whitening products can help you keep a clear, glowing complexion all year round, counteracting dark spots and discolouration.
1. Aveda's Brightening Moisture Treatment (HK$510/75ml) promises to minimise the appearance of pigment clusters and break the chain reactions that make them reappear. Extracts of camomile, mulberry root, grape, citrus peel and scutellaria prevent discolouration and promote an even skin tone. Available from Lane Crawford.
2. Suisse Programme's Gigawhite Illuminating Day Cream SPF 30 (HK$1,040/50ml) has a light, smooth texture that allows for its easy absorption. Its gigawhite formula reduces existing dark spots and prevents the appearance of new ones. From Sasa.
3. Vichy's Bi-White Advanced Eye Care (HK$260/15ml) helps eliminate dark circles and puffy eye bags. It contains active vitamin C, vitamin B3 and caffeine, which help increase micro-circulation. From Vichy's Concept Store, shop G04, Causeway Bay Plaza I, 489 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, and selected Mannings and Watsons stores.
4. Valmont's Foaming White Cleanser (HK$590/125ml) is enriched with active ingredients for whitening. Blend gently with a little water in the palm of your hands and massage it on your face to purify. From Sasa.
5. Natio's Whitening Moisture Treatment (HK$128/75 grams) blends science with potent natural ingredients to reduce sunspots and diminish the appearance of pigmentation. Pomegranate helps boost the skin's natural defences against environmental damage. From Sasa.
6. Clarins' Total Whitening Essence (HK$550/30ml) helps your skin glow and assists in the control of pigmentation. The anti-ageing action can smooth lines, energise the skin and restore its firm, supple qualities. From the Clarins boutique in the IFC Mall, Central.