Developer Henderson Land, under scrutiny over the delayed completion of sales of 24 luxury flats at a high-profile Mid-Levels development, has informed the government that it has written agreements with the buyers of 20 of the flats to complete the deals by June 16.
The buyers of the remaining four flats at the 39 Conduit Road project were out of town over the Easter holiday, but would soon sign written agreements to extend the deadline for completing the sales, Henderson said.
Earlier, the developer - responding to Lands Department questions about the failure to complete the deals in time - had said it had verbal agreements with buyers to delay completion of the deals.
'We just want to update the Lands Department about our progress, as it inquired earlier about the matter,' a Henderson spokeswoman said.
She said there was no guarantee the deadline would be put off again, and urged any buyers who did not intend to go through with their purchase to inform Henderson as soon as possible.
Henderson announced 25 sales in October - including the block's top-floor duplex, which sold for HK$439 million, or a world-record HK$88,000 per square foot of saleable area. In March, the Land Registry said only one of the 25 sales Henderson had registered at 39 Conduit Road had been completed. The Lands Department has written seeking an explanation for the delay.
The block created a controversy because its top floor is numbered 88 even though it has only 46 storeys.