In the latest case of exploding Apple hardware, a Thai man has died while talking on his charging iPhone.
The victim was a 28-year-old man from Chanthaburi province who was found dead in his room with severe burns across his chest and hand, reported Tech in Asia , citing Thailand media site Daily News .
The man was clutching an iPhone 4S at the time of death, and his body was discovered on November 25.
Local police found that the smartphone was still connected to a charger in a nearby power outlet, indicating that the victim had likely been talking on the phone while charging it at the same time.
Photographs taken of the charger show a blue model different from the standard white ones that Apple includes with every iPhone, suggesting that it was a cheaply made fake.
Authorities have yet to confirm the exact cause of death, but have speculated that the charger may have overheated and generated an electrical shock.
Non-authorised iPhone chargers are commonly sold throughout Asia for cheap prices, but usually are poorly insulated and produce sparks when placed into electrical outlets.
In July of this year, a Chinese woman from Xinjiang province was killed from an electric shock when she charged her iPhone with a non-Apple battery charger, and only a few days later, a man from Jilin province fell into a coma after he was electrocuted, also from charging his phone with a fake charger.Topics: Apple More on this: