1. Shigeta hired surrogacy scouts and a fertility doctor in Bangkok.
2. The doctor's fertility clinic handled implantation of the embryos.
3. The clinic handled prenatal care and deliveries of the babies spread out at nine Bangkok hospitals. The babies, all born via caesarean section, include four sets of twins.
4. Newborns were taken to a Bangkok condominium owned by Shigeta, where nannies cared for them.
5. Birth certificates were issued from at least five district offices in Bangkok.
6. The babies' names were registered at the address of Shigeta's Bangkok condominium.
7. Shigeta went to juvenile and family court to get custody from the surrogate mothers, some of whom told police they were instructed to lie about having an affair with Shigeta to facilitate the transfer of custody.
8. District offices issued documents stating that he was the biological father and had custody.
9. Those documents were used to issue the babies' passports.