South China Morning Post
Published on South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com)

Home > Oosthuizen, Schwartzel ready for Presidents Cup despite close cuts

Oosthuizen, Schwartzel ready for Presidents Cup despite close cuts

Thursday, 03 October, 2013, 12:00am
Sport›Golf
Presidents Cup
Agence France-Presse

Louis Oosthuizen feels fine about his golf game at the Presidents Cup despite missing two months with neck and back issues, but his new too-short haircut feels like an injury.

The 2010 British Open champion and 2012 Masters runner-up to Bubba Watson unveiled his shorn locks. "We had haircuts and there was a barber that came out and it didn't work out as well as we thought," Oosthuizen said. "He ended up almost shaving everything off."

Louis and myself, we were basically the guinea pigs. I figured I just needed a little touch up on the sides and ended up losing all my hair
Charl Schwartzel

South African pal Charl Schwartzel also had the close-scalp trim before players decided they had seen enough.

"Walking into the team room last night, the two of us, we looked like we came straight out of the army," Oosthuizen said. "Looking at each other, we just laughed. Hopefully that gets the guys' spirits up. There were about six of us that were supposed to get it and they stopped at Charl."

Oosthuizen played last week at the Dunhill event in Europe and declared his back fit enough for this week.

"I've played a lot of rounds in the past two weeks and it feels good," Oosthuizen said. "The back is still not 100 per cent, but I can play with it. It's just bits and niggles. Health is not an issue."

But that haircut is. "I didn't expect it to be that short," he said, rubbing his scalp. "A bit longer than this."

Schwartzel, the 2011 Masters champion, saw his pal's haircut and still went for it. "Louis and myself, we were basically the guinea pigs. I figured I just needed a little touch up on the sides and ended up losing all my hair."


Source URL (retrieved on Oct 4th 2013, 12:06am): http://www.scmp.com/sport/golf/article/1322948/oosthuizen-schwartzel-ready-presidents-cup-despite-close-cuts