Chinese telecom giant Huawei on Wednesday vowed to catch up...
Waste Not, Want Not
Register now to help solve the food waste problem in Hong Kong!
What: Colonne Corynthienne
Why: add golden glamour to...
For the second time in a weekend, Cindy found herself...
Protein affects spread of cancer
Oi! (Oil Street Art Space) Oi! - the Leisure and Cultural...
We Hongkongers love our food, but we also throw a lot of it away. This is a massive problem for both society and the environment. We want you to help make a difference.
Young Post's Waste Not, Want Not project offers you the opportunity to learn more about the issue, and discover what people are trying to do to reduce food waste. We want you to spread the word, and encourage Hong Kong's youth to think carefully before adding to the problem.
We will run a series of workshops with organisations on the frontline of the city's food waste situation, such as a visit to the Kowloon Bay Pilot Composting Plant and taking part in a bread run with Feeding Hong Kong. Up to two members of each team will attend a workshop focusing on one area of food waste, and then take the knowledge they have gained back to their groups. Young Post will run articles summarising each workshop, so that every group is fully informed.
Once equipped with this information, you and your team of four to six people will come up with and run your very own campaigns at school to spread the anti-food-waste message and encourage your friends and schoolmates to reduce the amount of food they throw away. You will also need to work out a way to to measure and show how effective the campaign is.
Sign up today, and take your first step towards creating a better Hong Kong!
Registration has now closed.
Terms and Conditions
1. The project is open only to secondary school and university students in Hong Kong.
2. By entering this promotion, the registrant will be deemed to have read and understood the conditions and be bound to them.
3. E-notifications will be sent to successful registrants.
4. South China Morning Post Publishers Limited ("SCMPP") shall in no events accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participants of the program or as a result of entering the programme.
5. By entering the programme, the participants agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against SCMPP, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the program.
6. SCMPP's decision on all matters relating to this program is final.
7. SCMPP reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions without prior notice. All matters and disputes will be subject to the final decision of SCMPP.