Exclusive to SCMP subscribers - The Hong Kong Open Championship 2014 Pro-Am Invitation (CLOSED)
A chance to play with the professionals.
Privilege to SCMP subscribers only
We are inviting THREE (3) lucky winners to play in the SCMP Pro-Am team, each will also receive a 4-day pass to The Hong Kong Open Championship 2014.
Hong Kong's oldest professional sporting event - considered one of the "jewels in the crown" of Asian golf - will stay in its tract to deliver yet another world-class golfing spectacle to Hong Kong.
As one of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the region, the tournament has remarkably seen ten Major winners play and win here.These legends include Hall-of-Famers Peter Thomson, Tom Watson, Greg Norman, Bernhard Langer and José María Olazábal - a list of champions unrivalled by any other tournament in the region. Recent winners include: Colin Montgomerie, Padraig Harrington, Lin Wen-tang, Grégory Bourdy, Ian Poulter, Rory McIlroy and Miguel Angel Jiménez, the current champion.
Name: The Hong Kong Open Championship 2014 Pro-Am
Date: Wednesday, 15 October, 2014
Time: 11.00 a.m. open for registration; 1.00 p.m. shotgun start
Venue: The Hong Kong Golf Club (Composite Course)
Address: Lot No. 1, Fan Kam Road, Sheung Shui, N.T. Hong Kong
Register today for your opportunity to play with the professionals. Players must have a current handicap up to 18 for men and up to 24 for ladies.
This promotion has now closed.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Pro-Am is a stroke play event consisting of 19 teams of 1 professional and 3 amateurs, with the NET AGGREGATE TEAM SCORE IN RELATION TO PAR counting at each hole.
2. For Hong Kong ID card holders ONLY that are aged 16 or over. All players are required to meet handicap scoring. Player must have a current handicap up to 18 for men and up to 24 for ladies. Try to avoid slow play and pick up the ball when no points can be achieved and proceed to the next hole.
3. Everyone should ensure they are on the tee at least 5 minutes before their allocated time.
4. Dress Code: On the course and in the Clubhouse, players shall wear golf attire. No denim wear, collared shirts must be worn and tucked in to tailored shorts or trousers.
5. Parking: Free parking spaces are available just near old course. Please mention the event name “The Hong Kong Open Championship 2014” at the gate for entry.
6. Use of mobile phones is prohibited in the Clubhouses premises and on the courses.
7. There will be a shuttle service available at the caddie master counter for guests. Please remember to bring your golf bags with you.