48 Hours giveaway – The 39th Hong Kong International Film Festival
Giving away 60 tickets to six selected movies for 48 hours readers
We are giving away 60 tickets to six movies, including Timbuktu, Three Hearts, Maps to the Stars, Paris Texas, Song of the Sea and When Animals Dream screening at the 39th Hong Kong International Film Festival (HKIFF) to 48 Hours readers.
The HKIFF is one of Asia’s most reputable film platforms, with opportunities for filmmakers to launch new works and filmgoers to catch fresh features and beloved older films. This year’s HKIFF includes screenings of 300 films from 56 different territories at 12 different venues in various parts of Hong Kong. Hong Kong’s largest cultural event showcases films from Hong Kong, the rest of Asia and beyond in a programme that this year includes 11 world premieres, nine international premieres and 68 Asian premieres.
Date: Monday, 23 March 2015 to Monday, 6 April 2015
Director: Abderrahmane Sissako
Cast: Ibrahim Ahmed, Toulou Kiki, Abel Jafri, Fatoumata Diawara
France/Mauritania • 2014 • 97 mins
At the center of the film’s interwined tales is a Tuareg patriarch, who is forced to face radical Sharia law for an accidental misdeed. Richly perspicacious, Timbuktu is a rousing call for a more open, tolerant world.
Director: Benoit Jacquot
Cast: Benoit Poelvoorde, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Chiara Mastroianni
France/Germany/ Belgium • 2014 • 106 mins
As marriage nears, love and chance intertwine more closely, under the wary eye of matriarch, the ageless Catherine Deneuve. A cinematic banquet, under the masterful hand of Benoit Jacquot.
Maps to the Stars
Director: David Cronenberg
Cast: Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska, Robert Pattinson
Canada/USA • 2014 • 111 mins
High in the Hollywood hills, Canadian provocateur David Cronenberg sets to work dissecting the fragile egos and phony personas of Tinseltown’s celebrity elite.
Director: Wim Wenders
Cast: Harry Dean Stanton, Nastassja Kinski, Dean Stockwell
Germany/France/UK/USA • 1984 • 148 mins
Palme d’Or at Cannes, BAFTA awards and critical praise affirm this telling vision of the American soul, still powerful and poignant decades after its first release.
Song of the Sea
Director: Tomm Moore
Ireland/Denmark/Belgium • 2014 •94 mins
Oscar nominee for Best Animated Feature Film. Tells the story of the last seal-child, Saoirse, and her brother, Ben, as they discover secrets from their enchanted past and race to save the magic in their world.
When Animals Dream
Director: Jonas Alexander Arnby
Cast: Sonia Suhi, Lars Mikkelsen, Sonja Richter
Denmark • 2014 • 84 mins
Reclaiming lycanthropy from the sexy masculinity of recent media, Danish director Arnby sets his coming-of-age drama against the landscapes of Jutland, balancing an elegiac tone poem with a twist of violence, anchored by stong female performances.
This promotion has now closed.
Terms and Conditions
- Tickets will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each winner will be entitled to a pair of tickets to one selected movie.
- One entry per HKID holder will be qualified for the registration; multiple entries will be deemed disqualified.
- The winners will be notified by e-mail by 30 March 2015.
- All tickets must be collected from No. 1 Leighton Road, South China Morning Post Centre.
- Prize collection will not be entertained after 02 April 2015 18.00.
- SCMP's decision in all matters arising to this promotion is final. SCMP will be entitled to terminate or modify the promotion or any of the above terms and conditions without prior notice.
- All personal data collected here is for administering this promotion as well as subscription use only. Tick here if you allow the use of your personal data by South China Morning Post Publishers Limited to receive the information on our products and/or services. Data provision is voluntary. If you do not wish to receive such information or you wish to access or correct your data, please email our Communication Manager at: email@example.com