Content Sales/Licensing Services
FOR PROFESSIONAL USERS
- Photo sales / licensing to media, PR firms, advertising agencies, etc.
- Copyright licensing - reprint permission licenses, news clipping/monitoring licenses
- Content syndication to research/information databases, mobile phone carriers, media users
- Microfilm reproduction service for libraries and research centres
FOR INDIVIDUAL USERS
- One-stop reprint service including archive research, copyright clearance and layout re-design of individual stories
- Front page or back issues reprint
- Photos for personal album
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you still have some questions, you might be able to find the answers in our FAQs
- Once you have agreed to any applicable fees, a license agreement will be prepared. You can see terms and conditions here for this agreement.
Photo sales /Licensing
SCMP’s valuable collection of some four million photographs draws great demand from the public. To facilitate the use of the photographs, we have made almost half a million images available online. New photographs are added daily. Simply register at the website below for viewing and selection:
To assist users, our Content Resources Department provides a one-stop copyright clearance service from archive research to licensing and reprinting. Please contact us at any time with your requests.
SCMP Users may download SCMP Material for private study and reference. However, no reproduction, uploading, publishing, archiving or copying in any other manner of any SCMP Material including without limitation to photos, articles and graphics for commercial use or for purposes other than private study or reference is allowed without prior written licence granted by South China Morning Post Publishers Limited.
Please note that we shall only grant licence over SCMP-copyrighted materials and materials over which we are authorised by respective copyright owners to grant licence. Granting any licences and calculating amount of license fees shall be decided at our sole discretion after taking into account relevant circumstances of requests including the purpose of use and the nature of Material.
Before granting a license or any permission, we will first check:
Then, we look at other factors such as the intended use, print run, target readers and duration of use to determine whether a licence fee is applicable and, if so, the amount.
How Licence Fees Are Determined
For example, for the same use of material, different licence fees might apply to a charity compared to a business.
To learn more about the applicable fees, please provide the following information and our content licensing representative will contact you for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why must I seek approval before I use someone’s articles or photographs?
Does SCMP own the copyright of all the articles and photographs it publishes?
Does SCMP approve all reprint requests?
Upon your acceptance of the applicable fees, a license agreement will be prepared to cover the terms and scope of the license.
General terms and conditions
All users and licensees are deemed to have read and agreed the following terms and conditions: