Boxing at the Bird’s Nest? British champ Anthony Joshua plans future fight in Chinese capital
Joshua could yet defend his International Boxing Federation world heavyweight title at Beijing’s Bird’s Nest Stadium, promoter Barry Hearn said on Monday

Britain’s Anthony Joshua could yet defend his International Boxing Federation world heavyweight title at Beijing’s Bird’s Nest Stadium, promoter Barry Hearn said on Monday.
When you plan someone’s career like Joshua you tend to plan in advance and I think we’re two years away from saying we can sell out the Bird’s Nest in China
Hearn said he was talking to Chinese officials about a contest involving the 26-year-old Joshua, who won his version of the heavyweight crown when he defeated previous title-holder Charles Martin in London last month.
If the plans become reality it would mean Joshua, a gold medallist at the London 2012 Olympics, fighting in the stadium that was the centrepiece of the 2008 Games.
“When you plan someone’s career like Joshua you tend to plan in advance and I think we’re two years away from saying we can sell out the Bird’s Nest in China,” explained Hearn.
“I think Joshua’s going to be a global figure, and therefore I’ve got to give him a global platform. I was in Shanghai last week and we were talking. As soon as you show people pictures of Joshua knocking someone out, they get excited.”