Adam Scott insists he doesn't intend to sue over anchored putting ban
Attention to detail helped Adam Scott clinch his first major title at last month's Masters and the Australian is adopting the same strategy as he grapples with the implications of the 2016 ban on anchored putting.

Attention to detail helped Adam Scott clinch his first major title at last month's Masters and the Australian is adopting the same strategy as he grapples with the implications of the 2016 ban on anchored putting.
Golf's governing bodies announced the widely expected ban on May 21 after players anchoring long putters had won four of the past six major championships, Scott the most recent.
The European Tour expressed its support for the idea - which comes into effect in January 2016 - but both the US PGA Tour and PGA of America voiced opposition and Scott is among at least three players who have consulted lawyers while the US circuit ponders its official response.
"My intention is just to get all the information given to me possible from the PGA Tour, and for me, like anyone else in a business, to have some professional guidance on this issue," Scott said. "That's all it is.
"I don't think I have the ability to get that or ask the right questions. I'm not a lawyer. That's not my area of expertise, so I just want to get that information and make sure that my views are expressed to the tour and that's that. There's no intention of filing a suit or making problems. But this is a business and I'm treating it professionally, and I have professional counsel to do that. Just like I'm sure the Tour has professional counsel when they make decisions about things."
Scott, who uses a broomstick putter anchored to his chest, says his life has changed very little since he sparked joyous celebrations in his homeland after becoming the first Australian to win the Masters with a play-off victory over Angel Cabrera.