image

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v Conor McGregor superfight

Mayweather in Hong Kong? Unbeaten boxer to visit city as part of his US$3 million China tour

The unbeaten American boxer has already visited Beijing and is travelling with an entourage of 23 people on the lucrative trip

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 30 November, 2017, 7:58pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 30 November, 2017, 10:39pm

Unbeaten American superstar Floyd Mayweather Jnr is expected to stop by Hong Kong on Friday on the third leg of his China “luxury tour”.

“Money” is travelling with an entourage of 23 people on the China trip that has already stopped over in Beijing and Chengdu and will sweep into the city, although his itinerary is only known to a few and the media have not been invited to any of his activities in Hong Kong. He is also expected to visit Macau and Shanghai, where he ends his China tour on December 4.

The welterweight boxer, who retired after defeating MMA superstar Conor McGregor in Las Vegas in August, visited the Great Wall in Beijing, bragging on Instagram that he was getting paid US$3 million to “simply visit and vacation here in luxury for a few days”.

The 40-year-old Mayweather, who has a perfect 50-0 record, posted photographs of himself and members of his entourage on the Great Wall.

“Here in Beijing, China at ‘The Great Wall Of China’, considered to be one of the greatest Wonders of The World! It’s always been on my list of places to see throughout my travels in life however, timing is everything,” wrote Mayweather.

“Coming here with 23 people has been a great experience and it doesn’t hurt to get paid US$3,000,000 to simply visit and vacation here in luxury for a few days. With money this long, everything is different. I move different, I dress different and I live different because my money is extremely different!”

While in Beijing, Mayweather said that he had no plans of returning to the ring and that rumours of him making a comeback were “simply untrue”.

“I’m happily retired. I’m not fighting no more, no matter what the price is,” he said in Beijing.

50 and out: I’m finished says Floyd Mayweather after Conor McGregor stoppage

Mayweather might be making big money in China, but back home he wasn’t so lucky after someone broke into his Beverly Hills home in California while he was away.

Beverly Hills Police said in a statement on Wednesday that Mayweather’s home was burgled sometime in the last week.

The incident was first reported to police on Tuesday afternoon. Investigators say Mayweather was not home at the time of the burglary.

‘If a rematch happened, I would most certainly beat him’: Conor McGregor claims he would take Floyd Mayweather in renewal

Police say luggage, sunglasses and other accessories were taken. They didn’t provide an estimate of the value of the items. Police said the investigation was ongoing and no arrests have been made.

Additional reporting by the Associated Press