- Wed
- Feb 20, 2013
- Updated: 4:10am
Trending topics
Hansen frets as his stars take flight
Coach 'very disappointed' after Kahui signs up in Japan without telling All Blacks management
In Pictures
Editor's Pick
Beijing socialites are signing up to the country's first school of etiquette, writes Simon Parry, and its Hong Kong-born founder is on a mission to reawaken traditions of courtesy.
New Zealand coach Steve Hansen was left frustrated and disappointed at Richard Kahui's decision to switch to the Japanese league, and his mood will not improve amid reports prized asset Dan Carter could join the All Black exodus.

Currently with the Waikato Chiefs but out of action after further shoulder surgery, Kahui will move to Tokyo at the end of the Super Rugby season and Hansen was unhappy the move had been arranged without his knowledge.
"We were very disappointed with that because he didn't really speak to us, or his agent didn't," Hansen said yesterday. "I always find that a bit frustrating.
"Normally you hear from them, then you've got an opportunity to discuss it, and put a reasonable offer and if you want them to stay you've got an opportunity to fight to keep them."
Kahui's move means he will not be eligible to play for New Zealand but the player said he would return after completing his contract in Japan and try to force his way back into the All Blacks squad ahead of the 2015 World Cup in England.
The deal is another feather in the cap for the domestic game in Japan, which has managed to attract some of the sport's biggest names to ply their trade in a league dominated by backs.
Kahui's All Blacks teammate Carter could also make the move north, according to reports in New Zealand media.
Carter, the world's best flyhalf and twice named IRB player of the year, was set to sign a short-term deal with a Japanese Club in excess of US$1 million following the conclusion of New Zealand's November internationals, various media outlets said.
Share
- Google Plus One
- Tweet Widget
-
0Comments



















