Neymar blasts 'false friends' amid Barcelona probe

PUBLISHED : Monday, 03 February, 2014, 10:35pm
UPDATED : Tuesday, 04 February, 2014, 12:43am
AFP

Share

Brazil starlet Neymar blasted "false friends" as he alluded to the strain of a tax probe into last year's money-spinning move to Barcelona.

Brazilian and Spanish authorities are investigating last May's transfer, initially reported as costing up to €57.1 million (HK$598 million).

Recent weeks have seen various add-ons emerge to take the deal to a total of €86 million - including a reported €40 million for N&N, Neymar's family firm run by his father.

Neymar senior last week denied signing a pre-contract with Barcelona before his son had left Santos for the Liga giants - but he did admit to receiving €10 million in 2011 to guarantee a move by this year.

In the event, Neymar joined the Catalans in the Spanish close-season but with Brazilian prosecutors seeking to ascertain if potential tax fraud may have taken place, Neymar spoke out.

"I've been quiet until now! But I can't go on listening to all these things about my transfer. I called my dad saying I was going to speak out and he said just to leave things with him and concentrate on getting better," Neymar said in an Instagram posting.

"But he will understand me. Sorry to disobey you for a first time - but I'm going to speak out," said the 21-year-old.

"I also understood we have masses of false friends," said the Brazil star, urging his father to join him back in Spain as, "I'll be back playing in a few days and I need you here".