Five children 'found dead in dumpster'
- Sun
- Mar 3, 2013
- Updated: 8:58pm
Trending topics
Two of the six Uygur men who allegedly attempted to hijack a passenger plane in restive Xinjiang on Friday have died, state media reported yesterday.
Our editors will be looking ahead today to these developing stories ...
Mainland architect collects top award
Further opening up the economy of Xinjiang and boosting its trade with neighbouring countries are the keys to the region's rapid development, Vice-Premier Li Keqiang said yesterday as he opened...
Our editors will be looking ahead today to these developing stories ...
Palates poised for China Wine Awards
Airports in several major mainland cities have been placed on the second-highest security alert level since Sunday amid rumours of planned suicide attacks in the restive region of Xinjiang , where...
Xinjiang authorities said Monday's attack on a police station in Hotan that killed four people was an act of terrorism, but overseas Uygur groups alleged that police opened fire on peaceful...
At least three people were killed and 80 others, mostly schoolchildren, were injured when a speeding train hit a fully loaded bus in Urumqi yesterday.
A month-long 'strike-hard' campaign has been launched in Urumqi to crack down on crime as authorities in the regional capital of Xinjiang gear up ahead of the first anniversary of deadly...
Authorities in the capital of the restive Xinjiang region have launched a three-month security campaign targeting non-permanent residents in the lead-up to the first anniversary of the deadly...
Police in Xinjiang have staged their largest anti-riot drill since deadly unrest rocked the regional capital, Urumqi, in July last year.
In Case You Missed It
Login
SCMP.com Account
or
Log in using a partner site
Log in using your Facebook account. What's this?
Don't have an SCMP.com account? Subscribe Now!














