• Fri
  • Oct 4, 2013
  • Updated: 7:33am
28 May 2013

More than 171,000 people are living in substandard, subdivided flats in Hong Kong, it was claimed yesterday. The estimate is more than double the total of 64,900 given by the Census and Statistics...

8:45AM
22 May 2013

Senior marine staff would not be questioned as part of the internal investigation into the Lamma ferry tragedy unless new information came to light, the city's transport chief insisted yesterday...

4:03AM
10 May 2013

The man in charge of a marine department inquiry into issues raised by the Lamma ferry tragedy was involved in inspecting ships at the same time the Lamma IV was passing safety checks - despite...

5:59AM
4 May 2013

A former ombudsman and a retired business executive will serve on a three-member committee led by the transport minister to advise the Marine Department on reforms after a ferry tragedy last year...

5:40AM
21 Apr 2013

Professor Anthony Cheung Bing-leung said the offer was unprecedented: "No developer has donated land to the government like this. If an individual is really willing to donate, and the land...

6:28AM
21 Apr 2013

We welcome people from all around the world, people of every faith, every ethnicity.

6:25AM

The city has identified 18 vacant school premises for possible rezoning in the government's latest search for more land to ease the housing shortage. Secretary for Transport and Housing Professor...

4:03AM

The government has rejected claims that its seven-year clean-air plan, released yesterday, is nothing but a rehash of the previous administration's ideas. Critics have said the road map - billed...

5:29AM

The government had to introduce new measures in order to stop the residential property market overheating, Secretary for Housing and Transport Anthony Cheung Bing-leung said on Saturday.

8:36PM

A government committee set up to give advice on drafting the city's long-term housing strategy has decided to adopt a dynamic model, the Secretary for Transport and Housing said yesterday. ...

3:44AM

The government has slashed an 8.5 per cent fare rise request by Kowloon Motor Bus to 4.9 per cent, but pledged to help the loss-making company change some of its routes.

11:50PM

The government on Friday unveiled three plans to cut congestion at the Hung Hom Cross-Harbour Tunnel, aiming to reduce through traffic by 30 to 40 per cent.

5:41PM

Login

SCMP.com Account

or