The man who helped ban smoking in Hong Kong's bars and restaurants has been chosen to replace the hugely respected "flu fighter" Dr Thomas Tsang Ho-fai in leading the city's defence against...
- Mon
- Mar 4, 2013
- Updated: 5:06pm
Trending topics
An epidemiologist will become the new head of the government’s disease prevention centre, succeeding outgoing chief Dr Thomas Tsang Ho-fai, the government said on Tuesday.
A Hong Kong man who fell ill following a trip to Saudi Arabia is not infected by a new respiratory virus related to Sars, the Centre for Health Protection said on Wednesday afternoon.
The resignation of Dr Thomas Tsang Ho-fai as head of the government's disease prevention centre last month came as a shock to the city.
The man in charge of defending Hong Kong against the threat of deadly epidemics has resigned, causing shock and regret in the medical world.
When Steve Jobs kicked the bucket, the satirical Onion news website ran this now-legendary headline: Last American Who Knew What The F*** He Was Doing Dies.
Thankfully, Hong Kong's first suspected case of a deadly new Sars-like virus is a false alarm. The Centre for Health Protection confirmed a four-year old Saudi Arabian boy had suffered only from a...
A Saudi boy in a Hong Kong hospital has the flu, not the deadly Sars-like virus that emerged in the Middle East last month, the Centre for Health Protection confirmed on Monday, when the four-year...
The wife and two sons of a man from Deep Water Bay, who became the first person in seven years to contract dengue fever locally, have been confirmed as also having contracted the disease in Hong...
Hong Kong has three more suspected cases of dengue fever after the family members of a 46-year-old Caucasian man confirmed with the disease tested positive for it.
Investigation into dengue fever
In Case You Missed It
Login
SCMP.com Account
or
Log in using a partner site
Log in using your Facebook account. What's this?
Don't have an SCMP.com account? Subscribe Now!



















