Chekiang First Bank | South China Morning Post
  • Mon
  • Mar 2, 2015
  • Updated: 1:59pm

Chekiang First Bank

Imprisoned socialite admits credit fraud

Disgraced socialite Mo Yuk-ping, who is serving a 31/2-year sentence for share-price manipulation and perverting the course of justice, yesterday admitted fraudulently obtaining nearly $50 million in credit from five banks in Hong Kong.

Tuesday, 25 April, 2006, 12:00am

Imprisoned socialite admits credit fraud

Disgraced socialite Mo Yuk-ping, who is serving a 31/2-year sentence for share-price manipulation and perverting the course of justice, yesterday admitted fraudulently obtaining nearly $50 million in credit from five banks in Hong Kong.

25 Apr 2006 - 12:00am

Eye on more acquisitions

Wing Hang Bank chairman and chief executive Patrick Fung Yuk-bun says the bank is keen to look for further acquisitions on the mainland and in Macau following the lender's takeover of Chekiang First Bank.

5 Sep 2005 - 12:00am

Flowing orchestral movements

The celebrations for the 30th anniversary of the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra never ceased to amaze. First there was a cocktail reception with free-flowing champagne; then there was Ivo Pogorelich performance of Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No.

10 Oct 2003 - 12:00am

Chekiang First profit down

Net profit for Chekiang First Bank fell 49 per cent to HK$221.4 million for the year to December 31. Net interest income decreased 26.6 per cent to HK$567.4 million.

29 Mar 2002 - 12:00am

Bank boss helps save lives, not just cash

Dining out plays a big part in James Kung's work as a banker. The chairman of Chekiang First Bank says entertaining is part of the job, so he pays great attention to what he eats.

26 Mar 1999 - 12:00am

$1b offer by HKMC a success

The Hong Kong Mortgage Corp's first public tender to buy residential mortgages received a warm response yesterday, with the $1 billion offer ending 1.45 times over-subscribed.

The corporation received bids from approved banks amounting to $2.45 billion.

6 Feb 1998 - 12:00am

Chekiang Bank awards scholarships for four

Four outstanding students from Chung Chi College at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CU) have received scholarships from Chekiang First Bank.

The money will help them continue their studies.

4 Dec 1997 - 12:00am

CD issue planned

Chekiang First Bank says it plans to issue more certificates of deposit to tap long-term funding to match its long-term assets.

The bank, wholly-owned by Japan's Dai-Ichi Kanyo Bank, has about 40 per cent of its assets in residential mortgages and the remaining 60 per cent in international trade finance.

23 Apr 1997 - 12:00am

Pages