The Regent hosted a National Day barbecue party on the pool terrace which was kitted out in Chinese lanterns and life size figures of chairman Mao Zedong.Monday, 9 October, 2000, 12:00am
Pop star Coco Lee flew in to help Cartier launch its new handbag collection 'Cage de Cartier'. More than 800 guests turned out for the elaborate affair which involved five themed rooms.
1. Laurent Nebot (MD Cartier Far East) and Coco Lee
2. Janet and Michael Wong and Maggie Yeung-Bauml
3. Yvonne Chua and Francis Gouten
4. Amanda Lee25 Sep 2000 - 12:00am
Laurel celebrated the opening of its new shop in the lobby of the Marco Polo Hotel with cocktails and a fashion show. It is the label's fourth store in Hong Kong. Guests enjoyed the sleek and sporty lines of the collection and afterwards were also treated to a makeup demonstration by T LeClerc.
1. Lucylia Rohmig and Sandra Leung
2. Stella Xi25 Sep 2000 - 12:00am
Philip Kwok, Betty Tung, Tung Chee-hwa, Mr and Mrs Paul Leung at the Hong Kong Philharmonic Society fund-raising concert held at the Cultural Centre followed by a gala dinner at the Regent.
Karin Thomson and Tansy Lau at Christian Dior's autumn/winter fashion show held at Pink in Chai Wan.25 Sep 2000 - 12:00am
Mission Hills Golf Club tied up its Yuppie Golfers Night which was held every Friday of last month at Club ing in the Renaissance Harbour View Hotel. Golfing enthusiasts were entertained by putting games, quizzes and on the last night, a Cuban band. As well as exchanging golfing tips, guests managed to find new golfing partners.
1. Angela Ching, Carol Chu and Sylvio Wang18 Sep 2000 - 12:00am
The opening of Icon, a 10,000- square-foot megastore dedicated to beauty, make-up and skin care not surprisingly attracted models, socialites and beautiful women.4 Sep 2000 - 12:00am
Guests went up the wall in a cliffhanger at Sha Tin's New Town Plaza, where TV stars, models, and sports fans found time to give the launch of the new Guess G3 sports watch a hand. A makeshift climbing wall was set up and guests snapped into a safety harness to try to scale new heights. Instructors from the Hong Kong Mountaineering Union were on hand to give tips and oversee proceedings.21 Aug 2000 - 12:00am
1. Joan Leung, Nelly Fung, Desiree Jebsen and Bill Flanz are pictured at the Asian Cultural Council's annual award presentation ceremony held at the Nokia Gallery of the Fringe Club.
2. Raymond Chow, Kuah Boon Wee, Percy Weatherall and Ian Hawskworth at the cocktail reception held to celebrate Hongkong Land's portal CENTRALhk.com which is dedicated to dining and shopping.21 Aug 2000 - 12:00am
More than $100,000 was raised for the Little Sisters of the Poor, a home for the aged in Aberdeen, at a lavish luncheon and charity cooking class at Nicholini's restaurant in the Conrad Hotel. Organised by Susan Elman, Elizabeth Pouliot and Kajsa Fung, the event coincided with Nicholini's 10th anniversary.3 Jul 2000 - 12:00am
A gala dinner was held in the Grand Hyatt to celebrate the 102nd anniversary of Philippine independence as well as the 25th year of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the Philippines and China.26 Jun 2000 - 12:00am