Six of the diners had sought medical help and at least one person was admitted to hospital for treatment. All are in now in stable condition, the Centre for Health Protection said.Wednesday, 12 June, 2013, 12:24pm
The Centre for Health Protection is investigating two suspected ciguatoxin poisoning cases affecting four people who ate coral-reef fish. A man and a woman, aged 61 and 63, fell ill after eating a fish from a Fanling market last Saturday. Both have been discharged from hospital. Another man and woman fell ill after a fish meal in a Sheung Shui restaurant last Friday.10 May 2011 - 12:00am
Six people from three households fell ill in three cases of suspected ciguatoxin poisoning after eating reef fish bought from the same stall at the Shek Wu Hui market, Sheung Shui, the Centre for Health Protection said. The victims, two men and four women aged 20 to 63, developed symptoms, such as numbness of the mouth and limbs, after eating the fish at home on Friday and Saturday.16 Dec 2008 - 12:00am
Three separate cases of suspected poisoning have prompted the Centre for Health Protection to issue a warning about the build-up of toxins if consumers eat too much coral reef fish. The three suspected cases of ciguatoxin poisoning involved eight people, aged two to 50, who fell ill over the weekend. Four were admitted to hospital and are in stable condition.7 May 2008 - 12:00am
The importation of coral-reef fish will be regulated under a government plan to combat the rising number of ciguatera poisonings, it was revealed yesterday.
In the first five months of the year, 105 people were poisoned in 33 cases, while last year a total of 65 cases affecting 247 people were reported and in 2003 just six cases affecting 27 individuals.13 Jul 2005 - 12:00am
Five people have developed suspected ciguatera poisoning after eating fish bought at the same market. All fell ill after eating moray eel, the Centre for Health Protection said last night.
The victims came from two parties that both consumed fish bought from the Shek Kip Mei Market on Friday. None required admission to hospital.4 Jul 2005 - 12:00am
Five people have developed suspected ciguatera poisoning after eating fish, bringing to 42 the number affected by the potentially lethal toxin this month.
All fell ill after eating a variety of lyretail, the Centre for Health Protection said.18 May 2005 - 12:00am
Updated at 7.00pm: The Centre for Health protection (CHP) of the Department of Health has confirmed two separate cases of food poisoning - suspected to be caused by coral reef fish containing ciguatoxin, a spokesman said on Tuesday.17 May 2005 - 12:00am
Officials are investigating a suspected case of food poisoning in which four schoolgirls fell ill after eating fish burgers at a McDonald's outlet in Shamshuipo on Monday.
Hospital medical staff said the girls, aged between 15 and 17, might have ciguatera poisoning. One, Yip Wah-ping, 15, remained in Princess Margaret Hospital last night.12 Mar 2005 - 12:00am
Police appeal for help to find missing girl12 Nov 2004 - 12:00am