Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying said on Monday that he would not withdraw the national education course, but would shelve the course guidelines that concern many Hongkongers.Monday, 8 October, 2012, 9:12pm 4 comments
Dogged by controversies just three months after taking office, Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying has pledged to tackle them quickly. Specifically, he says he will rule on the future of national education as soon as the committee reviewing it reaches a conclusion, without waiting for a formal written report. Critics of the school curriculum proposal will ask why he is waiting.1 Oct 2012 - 4:21am
A government-appointed panel set up to scrutinise national education has suggested "invalidating" the curriculum's guidelines.
The recommendation marks a second setback for the programme, which triggered huge protests at the government headquarters earlier this month against what critics called an attempt to brainwash youngsters with lessons in patriotism.28 Sep 2012 - 3:10am 2 comments