• Sun
  • Aug 31, 2014
  • Updated: 5:23am

Drug Overdose

Canadian found in public toilet died of drug overdose: pathologist

A Canadian man found dead in a Yau Ma Tei public toilet died of a drug overdose, the Coroner's Court was told yesterday.

Thursday, 17 January, 2013, 3:15am

Briefs, November 16, 2012

France raises prospect of arming Syrian rebels

16 Nov 2012 - 3:47am

Girls taking drugs from early age

Two-thirds of the teenage girls interviewed by a social services team working with young drug abusers started taking drugs between the ages of 11 and 13.

11 Jul 2009 - 12:00am

Mix of cocaine, heroin and alcohol killed businessman, autopsy shows

A mix of hard drugs and alcohol killed one of two American businessmen found dead in a Grand Hyatt Hotel room last October, according to an autopsy report submitted to the inquest into their deaths yesterday.

30 Apr 2008 - 12:00am

Hung swan song an internet hoax

It was - almost - a tragic day for kitschy singers and karaoke connoisseurs everywhere when news of the apparent suicide by drug overdose of Hong Kong-born American Idol reject William Hung began circulating in internet chat rooms and news groups on Thursday.

11 Mar 2006 - 12:00am

Drug overdose likely, coroner told

Patient given more than doctor claims, professor says

An elderly woman who collapsed while undergoing liposuction most likely died from a drug overdose, medical experts told the Coroner's Court yesterday.

24 Feb 2006 - 12:00am

Death rate in poisoning cases takes big jump

The mortality rate of poisonings has more than quadrupled over the past 12 years, leading a drug safety expert to raise concerns over drug abuse and the growing number of suicides caused by charcoal burning.

5 Oct 2005 - 12:00am

Death rate in poisoning cases takes big jump

The mortality rate of poisonings has more than quadrupled over the past 12 years, leading a drug safety expert to raise concerns over drug abuse and the growing number of suicides caused by charcoal burning.

10 Jul 2005 - 12:00am

Woman dies in hotel

A woman, 26, was found dead from an apparent drug overdose in a short-stay hotel in Nathan Road, Mongkok, less than two hours after she checked in with an unidentified man.

28 Jun 2000 - 12:00am

Overdose death

A 35-year-old woman died after apparently swallowing pills in her flat in Yiu On Estate, Ma On Shan.

1 Jul 1999 - 12:00am

Pages