• Wed
  • Jul 30, 2014
  • Updated: 11:40am

Fire

Bring on the night

 

Wednesday, 21 November, 2012, 11:36pm

Cigarettes go up in smoke after fire at warehouse

More than 1,000 cartons of cigarettes stored in a warehouse in Kwai Chung were set ablaze by a fire that broke out early Thursday morning.

The dutiable imports were temporarily stored in the bonded warehouse pending tax clearance before being sold on the market.

20 Feb 2014 - 6:01pm 1 comment

Police explanation of deadly Fujian bus blaze questioned by sceptics

Soon after a fire on a crowded commuter bus killed 47 people and injured 34, authorities offered an explanation: One of the dead had written a suicide note, boarded the bus during the evening rush and set it ablaze.

14 Jun 2013 - 4:43am

Teenager dies in Yuen Long village house blaze

Firefighters had to force open the locked metal gate to the three-storey village house before they could get inside, said Wu Tze-fung, the Fire Services Department's divisional commander in New Territories West.

27 May 2013 - 4:22am

What's being said on facebook.com/southchinamorningpost

On the fire which ripped through a cluster of stilt homes in Tai O:

8 May 2013 - 3:22am

Vulnerable Tai O in need of help

Tai O fishing village is an enduring tourist attraction that owes little to the kind of extravagant spending and promotion lavished on theme parks. It thrives on the timeless appeal of a simple, traditional lifestyle that attracts residents and visitors alike. Unfortunately, a marriage of modern amenity with authenticity does not always confer protection from fire, storm and tempest, as we were reminded by the fire that swept through a cluster of the village's famous stilt houses and left 10 households homeless.

6 May 2013 - 2:55am

Gutted Tai O village's fire extinguishers not properly maintained

Records on pressurised water extinguishers in Sha Chai Min and Sam Chung in the Lantau Island fishing village showed some were last maintained in August 2010 and others in 2011. Labels on the extinguishers said they were owned by the Tai O Rural Committee.

4 May 2013 - 5:44am

Wooden stilt houses go up in flames at Lantau's Tai O

No casualties were reported. Last night, about 10 households that were left homeless were put up by the Housing Department at the Lung Tin Transit Centre, on a public housing estate.

3 May 2013 - 5:40am

Wong Tai Sin fire blazes for seven hours, 700 evacuated

A fire which broke out early yesterday at a market in Wong Tai Sin blazed for seven hours and forced the evacuation of about 700 people. Eight people aged between 13 and 85 suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

21 Apr 2013 - 6:28am

Firemen defend Ap Lei Chau operation

Firefighters deployed to a blaze on the 17th storey of an Ap Lei Chau residential block on Thursday raised a ladder from a fire engine only 45 minutes after the alarm was sounded, the Fire Services Department admitted yesterday.

13 Apr 2013 - 5:42am

Pages