• Sun
  • Aug 24, 2014
  • Updated: 1:05am

Foodborne Illness

11 dead, scores sick, in Xinjiang food poisoning

At least 11 people were killed and more than 100 others fell sick on Friday in a massive case of food poisoning in the outskirts of Hotan in the restive region of Xinjiang, official media reported.

Monday, 22 August, 2011, 12:00am

Workers overcome by toxic fumes

A suspected chemical leak at a machinery factory in Jiangsu province has killed at least one worker and seen 10 other people admitted to hospital, local media reported yesterday.

12 Jan 2011 - 12:00am

15 ill after eating JW Marriott buffet

11 Aug 2009 - 12:00am

Wan Chai hotel checked after 13 diners hit by food poisoning

Health officials are investigating an incident last week in which 13 people who dined at a Wan Chai hotel suffered food poisoning.

The five men and eight women suffered stomach aches, diarrhoea, vomiting and fever between four and 22 hours after dining at the Charterhouse Hotel in Wan Chai Road eight days ago.

24 Jun 2008 - 12:00am

In Brief

Unlicensed food factory closed

26 Jan 2008 - 12:00am

Hospital staff hit by food poisoning

The Centre for Health Protection is investigating an outbreak of food poisoning involving 38 North District Hospital staff, who fell sick after eating at an annual staff party on Wednesday catered by the fast-food chain Cafe de Coral. The centre said it had contacted 212 staff who had dined at the party, 38 of whom had suffered diarrhoea and abdominal pain.

25 Jan 2008 - 12:00am

Snack shop closed after suspected poisonings

A siu mei and lo mei shop was ordered to close yesterday after 29 cases of suspected food poisoning involving 108 people were linked to the ground-floor premises in Des Voeux Road West. The Food and Environmental Hygiene Department ordered its temporary closure after being informed by the Department of Health of the outbreaks.

29 Sep 2007 - 12:00am

Fatigue fells group of mainland dancers

Ten youngsters from the mainland fainted from exhaustion yesterday after driving all night to take part in a cultural dancing competition in Sha Tin.

Organisers initially feared the young dancers had food poisoning.

The Regal Riverside Hotel, where the competition was being held, strongly denied the hotel was the source of any food poisoning.

5 Aug 2007 - 12:00am

Paradise for parasites

It was a typical lazy weekend getaway in Indonesia for primary school teacher Debbie Downes: sunbathing on the beach and swimming in Bintan's warm, tropical waters. But unfortunately for Downes, she came home with more than just a tan.

2 Jul 2007 - 12:00am

Another 55 fall ill from eating raw seafood

Fifty-five more people have fallen ill after eating seafood at branches of two Japanese restaurant chains, taking to 73 the number of similar cases in 10 days.

8 Jul 2006 - 12:00am

Pages