The central government attached "great importance to Chinese citizens mining gold in Ghana", and had sent a joint investigation team comprising officials from the ministries of foreign affairs,...
- Thu
- Oct 3, 2013
- Updated: 10:18am
Porous borders, corruption and the chance of riches have helped draw illegal gold miners to Ghana from as far away as China, prompting a crackdown that has so far netted over 150 Chinese, experts...
Ghana has released 124 Chinese gold miners detained by its immigration authorities and has promised to set free the remaining 45 by today, according to the Chinese embassy in the resource-rich...
All Chinese mine workers in Ghana will be given assistance to return home voluntarily, the Chinese embassy in Ghana said yesterday, with the Ghanaian authorities agreeing to stop detaining Chinese...
Hundreds of residents took to the streets of Shanglin county, Guangxi, yesterday to demand the central government help relatives in Ghana after a series of attacks and looting targeting Chinese...
Raymond Xie quit his job as an English teacher at a university in Guangxi early last year to join the gold rush in the west African country of Ghana.
Chinese gold miners arrested this week in a raid in Ghana have been accused of raping and abusing locals.
Police are rounding up Chinese workers suspected of illegally mining for gold in the resource-rich African country of Ghana. Witnesses said armed officers raided mines, supermarkets and hotels in...
A gold rush in the resource-rich west African country of Ghana, led by an estimated 50,000 Chinese prospectors, is threatening to turn nasty amid allegations of illegal mining and escalating...
Chinese President Xi Jinping ended his six-day visit to Africa on a high note, leaving behind signed deals and warm pledges. The Republic of Congo was his final stop, after Tanzania and South...
Scores of villagers from a small town in China’s southern Guangxi province have struck gold worth more than 1 billion yuan in Ghana - but they're keeping their method a secret, reported the 21st...
Henan authorities have ordered a condom maker to suspend sales of its products, recently found to be problematic in Ghana, because they could tarnish the reputation of Chinese exports to Africa. ...
In Case You Missed It
Login
SCMP.com Account
or
Log in using a partner site
Log in using your Facebook account. What's this?
Don't have an SCMP.com account? Subscribe Now!























