After a successful debut in Japan, American accessories label Coach has launched its eyewear collection in Hong Kong. Three styles feature the brand's signature 'C' logo pattern and other details usually found on its handbags.Sunday, 11 June, 2006, 12:00am
If you want to see some of the best of Australian art, then go walkabout around Central and Aberdeen over the next 10 days.
Nine galleries are taking part in the second annual Australia - Art & About, showcasing the works of more than 40 glass artists, painters, sculptors, ceramicists and photographers.16 Apr 2006 - 12:00am
The work of 43 Australian artists has been brought to Hong Kong for a three-week exhibition of cultural exports from Down Under.
'Australia art and about', organised by the Australian Trade Commission, showcases exhibitions of fine art and glass items simultaneously at nine galleries.10 Apr 2006 - 12:00am
The British man who said he accidentally smashed three Qing dynasty vases in a Cambridge museum in January was arrested yesterday.
Nick Flynn, an unemployed artist, tripped and fell down a staircase and into the unprotected porcelain vases dating from the 17th century. They ended up in 400 pieces on the floor.6 Apr 2006 - 12:00am
China produces about 70 per cent of the world market for glass products. But glass as art is a different story. Although glass art has long been practised in the US, Australia, Europe and Taiwan, it has never taken off on the mainland.26 Mar 2006 - 12:00am
1. Nembus II vase, $320, from Flos, Winway Building, 50 Wellington Street, Central, tel: 2801 7007.
2. Poetic garden vase, $4,200, from Baccarat, shop 121, Prince's Building, Central, tel: 2537 2303.
3. Rosebud hand-blown glass vase, $1,300, from The L.S. Collection, 8 Des Voeux Road, Central, tel: 2868 9163.26 Feb 2006 - 12:00am
Crystal company Swarovski held a reception to launch its coffee table book, A World of Beauty, at the IFC atrium earlier this month.
Heir to the Swarovski empire Markus Langes-Swarovski flew in on his private jet for the occasion.24 Feb 2006 - 12:00am
- Never fill your own glass; fill those of your companions. If women are present, they should do the pouring.
- Hold the bottle with two hands when pouring.
- An empty glass should be raised in the air before it is refilled.
- Drinking is a social event - always clink your glass when saying cheers, or wi ha yo in Korean.23 Feb 2006 - 12:00am
Glass is valued by artists for its malleability and beauty, and the works by four very different sculptors now on display in Devon House, Taikoo Place, pay tribute to the expressive nature of this medium.
Balance Beauty Bold is presented by Gaffer Studio Glass, a gallery that has recently moved from its Central location to a 4,000-square-foot warehouse space in Aberdeen.17 Feb 2006 - 12:00am
China Glass Holdings will pay 416 million yuan to buy a controlling interest in seven rival domestic
glass makers, tripling its capacity and becoming the country's largest listed producer of flat glass.
The acquisitions are being conducted mainly through a joint venture between China Glass, Mei Long,15 Feb 2006 - 12:00am