A bomb exploded in the Wall Street financial district early yesterday. One person suffered minor injuries from the blast, which damaged two buildings, police said.Saturday, 12 February, 2000, 12:00am
Lawyers, accountants, pilots and others line up in their soccer gear before the start of a five-a-side soccer tournament to compete for the Operation Santa Claus Trophy.
In the final, the Cathay Pacific team thrashed lawyers from Lovell White Durrant 4-0 in what has become an annual event at Stanley Fort.15 Dec 1999 - 12:00am
Two Ecuador-linked credit derivatives sold by Dresdner Kleinwort Benson and JP Morgan will be called next week and could lose their entire value, depending on the value of a group of Ecuador Brady bonds. Ecuador last month said it would miss a payment on about US$6 billion of Brady bonds. That has triggered calls in at least three credit-linked notes, including two announced yesterday.10 Sep 1999 - 12:00am
H share Zhejiang Expressway Co has appointed Dresdner Kleinwort Benson as its new sponsor to replace BZW Asia which has been taken over by Credit Suisse First Boston. The agreement will end in 2000. Under the listing rules of the Hong Kong stock exchange, a mainland enterprise must retain a sponsor for at least three years following its listing.26 Feb 1998 - 12:00am
Kleinwort Benson Securities (Asia) has added three staff to its research department. Geoff Lewis becomes Asian Economist, Erik Sardain will cover Asian steel and cement companies from Singapore and Kelli Mauricio will cover Asian telecommunications companies from Hong Kong.4 May 1996 - 12:00am
THE Hang Seng Index broke through the 10,000 level briefly yesterday and brokers say it could be on the verge of entering a new trading level.
Buoyed by the prospect of a further interest rate cut, the index extended its four-day rally to reach a high of 10,063.14, just six points off its year high set in October.6 Dec 1995 - 12:00am
Tysan Holdings Brokerage: Tai Fook Securities Recommendation: Buy TYSAN Holdings is a company engaging in foundation piling, machinery hiring and trading, and property investment and development.8 Oct 1995 - 12:00am
THE market in London was barely ticking over in the early afternoon as investors closed their books ahead of the long British holiday weekend, dealers said.
'It's like watching paint dry. It is truly a boring day. But, ahead of the weekend, nobody really cares. We're all just waiting to go home,' one senior dealer said.26 Aug 1995 - 12:00am
Stock prices were higher at midday yesterday in moderate trading.
The Financial Times 100-stock index, which rose 4.7 points on Wednesday, was ahead another 17.8 points to 3,157.5.
Volume amounted to about 339 million shares compared with 278.3 million shares by midday on Wednesday.24 Mar 1995 - 12:00am
IN an article which appeared in yesterday's edition, it was implied that Kleinwort Benson had sold China Investment and Development Fund, of which it is the manager.
In fact, Kleinwort has sold one of the investments of the fund, its stake in Shanghai International Storage Battery.
We apologise for any misunderstanding.15 Mar 1995 - 12:00am
THE past nine months have been a pretty awful time for stock investors in Hong Kong.
Other Asian stock markets have powered ahead in spite of interest rate rises, while the Hang Seng Index is still 22 per cent below its peak in January.11 Nov 1994 - 12:00am
LEADING members of the British Chamber of Commerce will leave for a five-day visit to Vietnam on Sunday.
The delegation will be led by Inchcape Special Markets managing director Lord Cromer.
Among the delegates are Hongkong and Shanghai Bank managing director Richard Law, Kleinwort Benson managing director Malcolm Williams and SG Warburg director Chris Ruffle.10 Mar 1994 - 12:00am
KLEINWORT Benson's China Investment and Development Fund (CIDF) has set up a telecommunications products joint venture with Gaomin Fada Group in Qingdao.
The move is the latest example of the growing foreign interest in China's telecommunications industry, which is set to grow rapidly.5 Feb 1994 - 12:00am
THE China Investment and Development Fund (CIDF) manager, Kleinwort Benson China Management, has struck two deals to invest in two mainland manufacturing groups.
CIDF will hold a 28 per cent stake in Jiuhua Polyester Fibre Co in Zhejiang province. The mainland partner will own the other 72 per cent.21 Sep 1993 - 12:00am
CREDIT Lyonnais Securities (Asia) swept into the top slot for Hongkong in Extel's influential brokerage survey, moving up from ninth position last year.
In what has become an increasingly competitive market in the territory, the French firm leapt past both British and local firms with a score of 18 points.7 Jul 1993 - 12:00am