For shoppers and tourists, the opening of Hysan Place yesterday meant a new spot to relax, but for Hysan Development it marked a big step forward in its goal to create a new shopping hub in the city's busiest commercial area.Wednesday, 15 August, 2012, 11:23pm
Prime shopping district Causeway Bay is undergoing a facelift with rapid changes in retail tenants because of the upcoming launch of the Hysan Place retail and office complex.
'We're seeing more leasing deals for retail properties in Causeway Bay,' said Terence Chan Yiu-fung, Jones Lang LaSalle's local director for the retail sector.8 Jun 2012 - 12:00am
A 1,000 square foot noodle shop that has survived in Hong Kong's cutthroat restaurant market for 38 years and boasts a Michelin star is in the news - but not for its lunchboxes.11 Apr 2012 - 12:00am
Strong growth in retail rental income helped Hysan Development's core earnings jump 14.1 per cent to HK$1.31 billion in 2011.
The largest landlord in Causeway Bay has benefited from an influx of mainland tourists, with revenue from its retail portfolio increasing 12.7 per cent to HK$789 million in 2011 from HK$700 million in 2010.9 Mar 2012 - 12:00am
Beijing's plan to cut import tax on luxury goods is expected to pour cold water on sizzling spending in Hong Kong's top tourist hot spot Causeway Bay.29 Jun 2011 - 12:00am
With every purchase of HK$800 or more at all Esprit outlets while stocks last, receive a free red and white manual camera (right) with a removable waterproof case.
Customers who purchase HK$1,000 or more in a single transaction at Guess are entitled to a free copy of Bryan Adams' latest CD, while stocks last.26 Mar 2008 - 12:00am
Hysan Development, the biggest landlord in Causeway Bay, said underlying profit fell 5.8 per cent in the first half despite an increase in rental income because gains from share sales dropped.16 Aug 2007 - 12:00am
1. Casework glasses cases, from HK$105 to HK$120, from G.O.D., 1/F, Leighton Centre, Sharp Street East, Causeway Bay, tel: 2890 5555.
2. Astier de Vilatte notebooks, HK$50 to HK$118, from Kapok, 9 Dragon Road, Tin Hau, tel: 2549 9254.1 Jul 2007 - 12:00am
1. Flower rug, HK$2,850, from G.O.D., 1/F, Leighton Centre, Sharp Street East, Causeway Bay, tel: 2890 5555.
2. Marcel Wanders Crochet table, HK$9,520, from Design Link, 6/F, Park Avenue Tower, 5 Moreton Terrace, Causeway Bay, tel: 2838 8299.
3. Doily, HK$20, from Chun Sang Trading, 3 Glenealy, Central, tel: 2522 9246.3 Jun 2007 - 12:00am
Little in stature doesn't have to mean small in style. With designer labels finding a new audience in children - and their in-vogue parents - there's no reason why junior should be short on chic.11 Feb 2007 - 12:00am