Farmers in Shandong have been overusing an illegal and highly toxic pesticide to grow ginger for years on end, adding yet another concern to the country’s growing list of food scandals.Tuesday, 7 May, 2013, 4:21pm 4 comments
Health chiefs raised the alarm yesterday after a family of three suffered pesticide poisoning from vegetables, the first such case this year.
Food inspectors have ordered tests on all consignments of Chinese chrysanthemums and French beans from the mainland for an indefinite period to prevent further poisoning.21 Nov 1997 - 12:00am
ALMOST 200 workers from four enterprises in Shenzhen were taken to hospital on Thursday evening after eating vegetables suspected of being contaminated with pesticide.
Quoting information from hospitals, the Hong Kong China News Agency last night reported that a total of 194 people, mostly women, were receiving medical treatment after the incident.21 Jan 1995 - 12:00am
THREE people were admitted to hospital yesterday after eating contaminated vegetables, adding to the record number of cases this year.
Last year, 39 cases of pesticide poisoning, involving 100 people, were admitted to hospital. There have been 160 victims in 66 cases so far this year.24 Oct 1994 - 12:00am
THREE people are in hospital in Sha Tin with suspected pesticide poisoning after eating choi sum, according to the Health Department.9 Mar 1994 - 12:00am
THE pesticide methamidophos has been found on samples of the vegetable gau gei imported from China The positive samples were taken from the Cheung Sha Wan wholesale market.
Twenty-one people were taken ill on Monday after eating gau gei, although samples from two suspected stalls in Centre Street, Western, pinpointed by the victims, tested negative.4 Mar 1994 - 12:00am