A former Olympic official who fled Russia after President Vladimir Putin criticised him for delays and cost overruns before the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi claims he has been poisoned.Monday, 29 April, 2013, 4:29am
The strange and tragic death by poisoning of a postgraduate student - possibly by his room-mate - at a prestigious university in Shanghai last week prompted editorials across the nation.21 Apr 2013 - 4:56am
Following the incident last week in which a man run over by a truck died in an ambulance that became stuck in traffic, the Beijing Emergency Medical Centre said it would work more closely with the city's traffic authorities to avoid similar problems, Beijing Daily reports.13 Dec 2012 - 4:28am
Another village was found last month to have been poisoned. More than 300 people, including 99 children, were diagnosed with acute lead poisoning in Zhejiang province. Unfortunately, entire villages being poisoned by lead from battery factories or lead smelters is not unusual - in the past year alone, mass poisonings in six provinces have been reported in central and southern China.20 Jun 2011 - 12:00am
Three children in Pingliang, Gansu, have died and 36 others have fallen ill from nitrite poisoning after drinking milk bought direct from farmers.
Pingliang's No 2 People's Hospital recorded the first food-poisoning death around 9am on Thursday and another hospital recorded two similar deaths shortly afterwards.9 Apr 2011 - 12:00am
A 71-year-old man who was allegedly operating a medical clinic from his home was arrested for practising medicine without being a registered practitioner and for illegal possession of drugs, including antibiotics. Police raided the man's flat in Kwai Chung yesterday and seized more than 13,000 pills, including 10,000 antibiotics and Part 1 poisons, worth a total of HK$70,000.8 Jul 2008 - 12:00am
A university student in Jiangsu province has been arrested for allegedly poisoning three classmates with the highly toxic metal thallium, a newspaper reported yesterday.21 Jun 2007 - 12:00am
* Number of reported fatal dog poisonings on Bowen Road 1989: 22
* Most recent victims: two young Labradoodles, two-year-old sisters called Coco and Tiki, ate poison-laced meat they found March 22
* A Labradoodle is a cross between a Labrador and a poodle29 May 2007 - 12:00am
The mortality rate of poisonings has more than quadrupled over the past 12 years, leading a drug safety expert to raise concerns over drug abuse and the growing number of suicides caused by charcoal burning.5 Oct 2005 - 12:00am
Thomas du Pre de Saint Maur is the international marketing director for fragrances at Dior. He was recently in Hong Kong to promote the launch of Pure Poison.
Q: What's the rationale behind the launch?1 Sep 2004 - 12:00am
On the morning of Monday July 9, our beloved Labrador, Ebony, became yet another victim of the malicious poisoner who lurks in the country parks of Hong Kong.18 Jul 2001 - 12:00am
A man, 27, was arrested for allegedly possessing 12kg of farm poison at the Lowu checkpoint after returning from Shenzhen. He claimed the drugs were for a friend who ran a farm in Yuen Long.28 Aug 2000 - 12:00am
Nurse Chan Hoi-yan, 24, was declared dead at Queen Mary Hospital after injecting herself with rat poison at her home in Queen's Road West.8 Dec 1998 - 12:00am
I refer to the letter from Jean Chan, for the Commissioner of Police (South China Morning Post, October 22) on the issue of serial dog poisonings headlined, 'Police stepping up patrols'.
Since May, my husband and I have found and photographed the (at times) meticulously placed, poisoned chicken - three times on Bowen Road and twice on Shiu Fai Terrace.12 Nov 1998 - 12:00am
BLOOD test results from poisoned dogs may give police more leads in their investigation into the string of attacks on animals in Bowen Road.
Senior Inspector Kelvin Ho Ka-fei of the Happy Valley division said yesterday he expected the results from animals poisoned over the past two months within one or two weeks.28 Dec 1997 - 12:00am