The Japanese consul general in Hong Kong yesterday rejected claims that some tourists had fallen sick or had miscarriages in the wake of Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster.
- Mon
- Mar 4, 2013
- Updated: 3:27am
Trending topics
Nearly 300 X-ray luggage scanners installed at Shenzhen underground stations in June have violated the mainland's radiation regulations and could increase cancer risks for children and pregnant...
After the March 11 earthquake in Japan that damaged and caused a radiation leak at the Fukushima nuclear power plant, Koo Wai-muk - a campaigner for Greenpeace - was suddenly beset by questions...
Taiwan may ban the use of mobile phones in schools by students under the age of 15 amid concerns over potential cancer risks.
While many are panicking over the risk of radioactivity from Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear power station spreading to China, mainland experts have warned that at least 2,000 missing civilian...
The Hong Kong Observatory detected radioactive dust from Fukushima in Hong Kong, but levels had been extremely low, it said yesterday.
Two Japanese tourists were treated at a Jiangsu hospital after airport checks found they showed severe levels of radiation on arrival from Tokyo, the mainland's safety watchdog said yesterday....
Many Hongkongers bought salt in a panic because someone claimed eating it could protect us from radiation. What a ridiculous thing to happen in a developed city! It shows there are deep-rooted...
Fears over Japan's continuing nuclear crisis fuelled a salt-buying frenzy across China as shoppers raced to stock up on the basis of wild rumours and speculation.
The government and CLP Power have dismissed a report by Radio Free Asia claiming the Daya Bay nuclear plant in Shenzhen had suffered a major leak that was threatening public safety.
In Case You Missed It
Login
SCMP.com Account
or
Log in using a partner site
Log in using your Facebook account. What's this?
Don't have an SCMP.com account? Subscribe Now!














