Sergeant Robert Bales
A lone shooter could not have committed the massacre of 16 Afghan villagers blamed on a US soldier, a witness testified on Sunday, stressing the scale of the atrocity.Monday, 12 November, 2012, 8:31pm
Lawyers for the US soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan villagers got their first chance to defend him in court on Tuesday, calling into question prosecutors’ version of events.
Defence attorneys presented their first witnesses on the second day of a pre-trial hearing for Staff Sergeant Robert Bales, to determine whether he should face a full court-martial.7 Nov 2012 - 11:42am
US military prosecutors said they would seek the death penalty for a soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan villagers on two drunken forays earlier this year.7 Nov 2012 - 4:10am
A US soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan villagers was “lucid” and admitted to the crimes, witnesses and prosecutors said as he appeared in court for the first time on Monday.7 Nov 2012 - 11:35am
A US Army soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan villagers in a drunken rampage in March faces the military version of a preliminary hearing starting on Monday to determine if there is sufficient evidence for a court martial.5 Nov 2012 - 3:53pm