The staircase was like "the flue of a chimney" between its ground floor entrance and rooftop exit, senior government chemist Bobbie Cheung Kwok-keung told the Coroner's Court.Saturday, 9 March, 2013, 5:13am
The number of mainland girls who smoke may be higher than the authorities recognise, a Shanghai-based health research team has found.15 Jan 2013 - 4:39am
Investigators are looking into an incident that forced a Cathay Pacific flight to make an emergency landing at a mainland airport early on Sunday.
London-bound flight CX251 changed course for Tianhe Airport in Wuhan , Hubei province, after the captain reported a burning smell in the cockpit. It landed shortly after 2am on Sunday.11 Dec 2012 - 3:20am
Everyone has the right to breathe fresh air and not to be exposed to harmful habits. However, my experience at a Chinese restaurant recently made me wonder whether this right is well protected.16 Jul 2011 - 12:00am
Inhaling fumes from burning incense may cause lung problems, a scientist has said.
Dr Joseph Yung Ka-fu, from Polytechnic University's department of applied biology and chemical technology, says that incense-burning produces dangerous suspended particles which may accumulate in the lungs and affect their functioning.4 Jun 2011 - 12:00am
Careless kidnapper revealed his identity to victim, court hears20 Jul 2010 - 12:00am
Four women were taken to hospital and about 400 residents were evacuated from public housing in Tai Po after a television burst into flames.21 Aug 2009 - 12:00am
Smoking should be allowed in restaurants - as long as it's the kind that happens in the kitchen during food preparation.28 Jun 2009 - 12:00am
William Hurt, Harvey Keitel, Forest Whitaker, Harold Perrineau Jnr
Director: Wayne Wang29 Mar 2009 - 12:00am
Shops have been warned to remove from shelves a batch of smoked salmon imported from the US and possibly contaminated with listeria bacteria. The recall covers 6,140 85-gram packs of Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon Nova Lox with the lot number 01418. Listeria can cause serious and even fatal infections. Symptoms include fever, headache, vomiting and diarrhoea.12 Jul 2008 - 12:00am
Tree of Smoke
by Denis Johnson
Put Vietnam to rest may be the initial reaction to Tree of Smoke. After all it has been 32 years since Saigon fell and the war has inspired more than its fair share of books and movies. But there is a reason Denis Johnson's work won this year's National Book Award for best American fiction.23 Dec 2007 - 12:00am
About 80 firefighters yesterday rushed to rescue residents trapped in a blazing Fanling building with only one staircase.
Two women, aged 25 and 69, were sent to North District Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and were discharged last night.15 Jun 2006 - 12:00am
The column for anyone fed up with bureaucracy, frustrated with delays or furious with poor service. Tell us your complaint and we'll try to fix it ...3 Jan 2005 - 12:00am
Located north of Central's Hollywood Road, NoHo CafE is the former site of a secret meeting place used by Dr Sun Yat-sen and three friends during the anti-Qing revolutionary period. Inspired by this historical background, the cafE created a drink called Four Fruitix.31 Jul 2004 - 12:00am
A senior constable was injured when a smoke grenade he was handling exploded at 12.30pm during training at the Police Tactical Unit headquarters in Fanling. The officer, 40, was treated at Northern Hospital for wrist injuries.11 Feb 2003 - 12:00am