Aqua Concepts blocks developer from using eatery name
A part-time butcher has become the latest victim of the pig-borne disease Streptococcus suis.
The 54-year-old, who lives in Aberdeen, developed fever, headache and neck pain nearly...
The Centre for Health Protection issued a warning to handle pork carefully after a 79-year-old Chai Wan woman fell critically ill with Streptococcus suis, a bacteria caught from pigs, the first...
A 79-year-old woman was critically ill last night with the pig-borne disease Streptococcus suis, taking the number of Hong Kong infections to 10 this year.
Updated at 6.41pm:
Hong Kong health authorities on Tuesday afternoon confirmed the territory?s 11th case of pig-borne disease ? which has now killed 40 people in the mainland.
Health and animal inspectors will be sent to Henan province on Monday to determine if its pork products are safe. A different team went to Shenzhen yesterday for the same purpose.
HOW THE SCARES DEVELOPED
July 23 Centre for Health Protection (CHP) issues alert to hospital emergency wards and public on pig-related deaths due to unknown cause in Sichuan. It...
Customers steer clear of the meat in HK and Henan following Sichuan disease outbreak
Another Hong Kong resident was confirmed yesterday to have contracted the pig-borne disease Streptococcus suis, bringing the number of infections this year to eight.
The disease has...
What's all the fuss about this pig infection in south-western China?
The Hong Kong government will not help farmers transport pig carcasses weighing more than 200kg to disposal stations because their farms are private businesses, officials said yesterday.
Sichuan province has been hit by the most toxic of the 35 strains of swine Streptococcus suis bacteria, according to a Ministry of Health expert.