All above-ground train services will be suspended when a No 9 typhoon signal or higher is hoisted, the MTR Corporation said.
- Mon
- Mar 4, 2013
- Updated: 4:36pm
Trending topics
The death toll from a typhoon that devastated the southern Philippines earlier this month has topped 1,000 as hundreds more remain missing, the government said on Sunday.
The United Nations launched a US$65 million global aid appeal on Monday to help hundreds of thousands of people affected by a deadly typhoon that ravaged the Philippines.
The number of people missing after a typhoon devastated parts of the southern Philippines jumped to nearly 900 after families and fishing companies reported losing contact with more than 300...
Hundreds of thousands of survivors of a deadly Philippines typhoon crammed into overcrowded shelters yesterday, braving the stench of corpses as the government vowed action to prevent storm...
A powerful typhoon that ravaged the southern Philippines, killing more than 270 people and leaving hundreds missing, could be headed for southern China.
Outside a gymnasium in the battered town of New Bataan, several mud-stained bodies lay side by side, covered by cloth and banana leaves and surrounded by villagers covering their noses to fight...
A Chinese immigrant bus driver was sentenced to six weeks in prison for his involvement in Singapore's first labour strike in 26 years. Pushing for the jail term as a deterrent, the prosecution...
Taiwan confirms espionage arrests
Japan’s mainland was braced on Sunday for waves of up to 10 metres as powerful Typhoon Jelawat barrelled in, a day after it injured scores of people on the southern Okinawa island.
In Case You Missed It
Login
SCMP.com Account
or
Log in using a partner site
Log in using your Facebook account. What's this?
Don't have an SCMP.com account? Subscribe Now!
























