Legionnaires' disease is an illness about which we know a great deal - how it occurs, who is vulnerable, how to prevent it, the symptoms and treatment.Thursday, 5 January, 2012, 12:00am
China's first geothermal power station, which uses hot springs to generate electricity, could be shut down because hotels and public baths have been tapping the area's thermal spring resources at a furious rate.
The geothermal power station in Meizhou's Fengshun township, in eastern Guangdong, was built in 1970 and used to generate 4,000 kilowatts every day.22 Sep 2010 - 12:00am
Dozens of homeowners at a Beijing residential block embroiled in a long-running dispute over water boilers staged a sit-in yesterday at the headquarters of the Capital Group, parent company of Hong Kong-listed Beijing Capital Land.21 Apr 2007 - 12:00am
Don't leave the water running. Turn off the water when brushing your teeth or washing the car.
Flick off the light when you leave a room. Power plants burn fuels to create energy for your light bulb. Burning fuel makes smog that pollutes the atmosphere and adds to global warming.18 Apr 2006 - 12:00am
A man, 20, was in a stable condition after being found unconscious in the bathroom of his flat in Tsing Yi, reportedly after being poisoned by fumes from an illegal flueless gas water heater.1 Jan 2002 - 12:00am
An electric water heater exploded inside a Tuen Mun estate flat, resulting in minor injuries to sleeping occupants. A 34-year-old woman and her three children, aged one, seven and nine, escaped serious injury.27 Aug 1999 - 12:00am
Towngas will finish inspecting all potentially deadly water heaters in 15,800 households by Monday.
The company sent 200 employees to 3,000 households in 19 estates yesterday, on top of the 6,500 households already visited in the past few days.22 Jan 1999 - 12:00am
It only takes a short spell of bitter weather to bring tragedy to Hong Kong. Whenever there is a big drop in winter temperatures, the death rate increases among the sick and elderly. But the tragic accident in which a young man and a boy were asphyxiated because of a flueless gas water heater was entirely preventable if commonsense precautions had been observed.19 Jan 1999 - 12:00am
A 55-YEAR-OLD man died yesterday after being electrocuted by an old-style water heater as he was about to take a shower in his Ma Tau Wai Estate home.
The naked man, surnamed Cheung, was found in the bathroom with his left hand gripping the shower hose when his 26-year-old daughter returned home at around 2pm.27 Dec 1998 - 12:00am
I MUST express my discontent at the conditions of the men's changing room facilities in Victoria Park. The one I am referring to is located at the back of the tennis courts.25 Oct 1995 - 12:00am
A DISPUTE between two men over a water heater turned into a brawl involving four people last night. At about 7.20 pm, the pair - one aged 68 and the other aged 20 - began arguing in a flat in Hing Wah Street, Cheung Sha Wan over use of the heater.10 Nov 1994 - 12:00am
THE report of the successful appeal by a woman previously convicted of assaulting her Indonesian maid gives an unfortunate impression, as if it is acceptable behaviour on the part of an employer to burn a maid with a hot iron if the maid is considered to be incompetent.3 Aug 1994 - 12:00am
THREE workers escaped injury yesterday when an electric water heater exploded at a Happy Valley flat which was being decorated.
Windows were shattered and a wall in the corridor of the fifth-floor flat at 85 Blue Pool Road collapsed in the blast.
Police said two woman cleaners and a male worker were unhurt as they were in another room at the time.8 Jun 1994 - 12:00am
CHINA Investment Co has acquired a 36 per cent stake in Shenyang Shen Le Man Gas Appliances Co, a manufacturer of gas water heaters and appliances, for US$4.5 million The purchase was made through wholly owned subsidiary China Investment, Number 1, based in Shenyang in Liaoning province.19 Mar 1994 - 12:00am