Over-work and a shortage of manpower are probable reasons for some hospitals having a higher mortality rate than others for patients who have had emergency surgery, the Hospital Authority says.Saturday, 21 January, 2012, 12:00am
Over-work and a shortage of manpower are probable reasons for some hospitals having a higher mortality rate than others for patients who have had emergency surgery, the Hospital Authority says.21 Jan 2012 - 12:00am
POOR, OLD AND DISABLED
Set up a Community Care Fund: government will endow HK$5 billion and raise HK$5 billion from the business sector to provide support for the needy in areas not covered by the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme.14 Oct 2010 - 12:00am
Thirteen injured in Tsuen Wan, Lok Ma Chau traffic accidents24 Jul 2009 - 12:00am
People walking along Heung Shing Street in Tsuen Wan got a nasty shock yesterday when a corrosive liquid sprayed down from a 12th floor flat. The flat's resident, a 31-year-old female, had been using the liquid to kill ants crawling around her window when it spilled onto the street below at 1.15pm. Three people were slightly injured, including a one-year-old girl.4 May 2009 - 12:00am
A 58-year-old man suffered minor injuries when a window on the left lower deck of a KMB Route 38A double-decker broke and showered passengers with glass on Ma Tau Pa Road, Tsuen Wan, at about midday yesterday. He was taken to Yan Chai Hospital.6 Apr 2009 - 12:00am
Man attacks wife and 'boyfriend'17 Mar 2009 - 12:00am
Police are investigating a suspected murder-suicide involving an elderly couple who were found dead in a flat in Kwai Chung yesterday.
Their 36-year-old daughter called police after she found her father, 67, hanging in the bathroom of their flat at Hiu Kwai House, Kwai Chung Estate, at about 1.20am. Her 70-year-old mother was unconscious on the bed.29 Dec 2008 - 12:00am
This is a huge crisis and its long-term effect is still unknown. Of course, when the shares go up and the property market is doing great, people will have higher hopes and are more generous in supporting charities.24 Oct 2008 - 12:00am
Two Indonesian domestic helpers ran for their lives - leaving behind an elderly couple under their care in a burning flat in Tsuen Wan - when a heater used to dry clothes burst into flames yesterday.
Firemen rescued Wan Yuen-man, 84, and her husband, 91, surnamed Ng, who were trapped in a bedroom.1 Feb 2008 - 12:00am
Cooker explosion injures woman27 Jan 2008 - 12:00am