Man of the moment Riccardo Tisci's dark, sensual designs for Givenchy come straight from the heart, writes Jing Zhang.
Refugees trapped in Myanmar's war-torn north
As fighting rages between Myanmar's army and ethnic Kachin rebels, displaced people have found themselves trapped between a conflict on one side and an unsympathetic China on the other. Estimates of the number of internally displaced people in Kachin state vary from 75,000 according to the United Nations to more than 100,000 according to Kachin sources. Most are in areas wedged between the combat zone and China, which last month evicted thousands of ethnic Kachin refugees, forcing them back over the border and into the unrest.
What: Koh lamp
Why: inspired by water containers, this...
While Hong Kong performers often look West to further their...
Yahoo has agreed to pay USUS$1.1 billion to buy blogging...
With so many groups seeking funds, it can be tough figuring...
Island holidays are usually about relaxing, departing from...
It may be a luxury leather goods company steeped in...
- MOST POPULAR
- MOST RECENT
- Recent Events
- Ernst & Young - Entrepreneur Of The Year - Liu Jiang - Sponsored Vdieo
- Business of Design Week 2012
- Hung Chung Yam, Networking with the Best
- Claudia Mo, Networking with the Best
- Networking with the Best: Professor Frederick Ma Si-Hang
- Going mobile with Douglas Young
- Going mobile with Tony Tsoi
- Global Finance
- MOVIE TRAILERS
- Politics Obama praises Myanmar reform but warns on Muslims May 21, 2013|1:45
- Health The Incident Apr 24, 2013|4:19
- Hong Kong A village under siege Apr 24, 2013|3:15
- China Car makers seek to cash in on Chinese taste for luxury Apr 22, 2013|2:00
- Hong Kong How to deal with Hong Kong's smog Apr 15, 2013|2:11
- Health Ten years on, the SARS outbreak that changed Hong Kong Apr 3, 2013|3:52
- China Homeward Bound: the journey home of two migrant workers for Chinese New Year Feb 15, 2013|8:10
- Lifestyle First Barbie-themed restaurant opens in Taiwan Jan 31, 2013|1:30
- Environment Aussie wildfires could have killed at least 100 Jan 7, 2013|1:56
- World Surge in self-defence classes in India Jan 4, 2013|3:30
- Technology Afghan toy inspires anti-mine device Jan 3, 2013|2:28
- Crime Delhi women protest over gang rape death Jan 3, 2013|0:29
- World Afghan refugees shiver as winter worsens Jan 3, 2013|1:33
- Politics E. Timor farewells UN peacekeepers Jan 1, 2013|1:21
- Environment Battle to save rare dolphins in Cambodia Jan 1, 2013|1:58
- World Bomb kills 19 pilgrims in Pakistan Dec 31, 2012|1:36
- Health Obese Japanese at risk of breaking the law Dec 21, 2012|2:17
- Environment India's wine industry struggles to bear fruit Dec 20, 2012|2:19