Abacus is moving
- Abacus has moved to a new home on SCMP.com
Dear Abacus readers,
Over the last two and a half years, you’ve been with us as we’ve told you everything you need to know about China’s consumer tech scene. Now, we invite you to join us on the next stage of our journey.
The address has changed, but we’ll continue to produce more of the great Abacus content you know and love. We’ll still tell the story of China’s tech scene for a global audience, focusing on the latest gadgets, hottest games and the most interesting cultural trends emerging from the country’s 829 million internet users.
Thank you for all the support you’ve given us. I really hope you’ll like what we’ve been working on and look forward to you joining us in the next stage of the journey.
Frequently asked questions
- Will Abacus’ move to SCMP’s platform affect the frequency, style and quality of content? Can I expect to see the same reviews and stories I’ve come to rely on from Abacus?
We’re not changing what we do -- only where we do it! Whether you come to us for the latest news on Chinese gadgets and games, our guides to getting the best out of your smartphone camera or to see how Chinese netizens view Western geek culture, you’ll still be able to read all of the stories you know and love from Abacus at our new home on SCMP.com.
- What about the Abacus newsletter or social channels?
Don’t worry, we’re keeping those too! If you already receive our newsletter, you don’t need to do anything; you’ll still get it next week. Keep following Abacus on Facebook and Twitter to see the latest stories pop up there!
- Will the journalists and editors from Abacus still be writing when the site moves to SCMP.com?
Yup! All of your favorite voices will still work on stories for Abacus on SCMP.com. But we’ll also be working more closely alongside our colleagues at SCMP’s Technology desk, so expect to see more collaboration between us in the weeks and months ahead.
- Where can I expect to find Abacus content after the move?