Thank you for reading SCMP. Subscribe to show your support
- The Post’s digital subscription, launched almost one year ago, has allowed us to continue publishing award-winning journalism
- All SCMP content will be made freely available from August 9 to 15 to celebrate a year of direct support
Last year, SCMP began asking our readers to support independent journalism by committing to a new digital subscription. As we approach the one-year anniversary of that launch, we want to express our sincere gratitude; these subscriptions have enabled the Post to continue publishing award-winning journalism that informs, explains, and educates our readers around the world.
Looking ahead, we will continue to bring you journalism that matters:
- Our Hong Kong desk will focus on three major upcoming elections that will reshape the city’s political landscape
- Our China Technology team will spotlight the fate of China’s Big Tech companies as tightening regulations change the industry and stall IPOs in foreign capital markets
- Our international correspondents will unpack the much-anticipated first meeting between President Biden and President Xi, Beijing’s relations with the European Union, trade tensions between China and Australia, Asia’s vaccination efforts as economies move to reopen, and Asean’s role in balancing geopolitical relations between the US and China
Thank you again for your continued support. We remain unwavering in our commitment to world-class journalism that serves readers like you, and to providing news and analysis that you can trust.
With deep gratitude from all at SCMP,