A MURDER trial is continuing - despite the unexpected disqualification of one of its jury members. The High Court trial, involving a teenager who shot a police officer to death, was about to enter its fourth day when it was discovered that a woman juror had worked for the Legal Department, contravening the Jury Ordinance. Mr Justice Stuart-Moore told the woman that her work as a temporary law report editor forced him to discharge her from the case. 'People who have a connection with the law shouldn't be on a jury because their knowledge of law is too extensive,' the judge said. Constable Hon Wing-san, 19, was gunned down by a teenage fugitive just six months after graduating from police training school. Lau Ka-ming, 19, pleaded guilty to manslaughter but denies murder. Lau, who was on the run after jumping bail on a robbery charge, was stopped by police at a roadblock on July 22. When police checked his identification, Lau tried to escape. During the ensuing struggle Hon was shot with his own revolver while stubbornly refusing to let go of Lau. The court heard that Hon clung to the fugitive even after he had been shot twice at point blank range. He was killed by the third shot, which hit him in the temple.