POLICE Commissioner Eddie Hui Ki-on has been told to make known to mainland security forces the concern felt over the abduction of two Hong Kong men, as he begins a 10-day trip to China today. Government sources said last night that Mr Hui would object to the incursion on March 18 into territory waters by the Guangdong Public Security Bureau (PSB). It is understood that the Security Branch has briefed Mr Hui on the diplomatic row, including the failure last week of further talks in London between Chinese and British officials. Although his deputy, Peter Wong Tsan-kwong, has received an apology from officials in Zhuhai, Mr Hui is understood to want to raise the matter in private talks. In particular, he is likely to outline Hong Kong's position to Zhu Entao, the director of the Foreign Affairs Bureau of the Ministry of Public Security. Sources say Mr Hui has been urged to express firmly the damaging way in which the incident has been viewed by the force, although he has been advised to tread delicately because of the improving relations with Chinese police. His task has been complicated by the announcement China will put the Hong Kong men, Lai Lin, 34, and Kong Long-hoi, 31, on trial on Sunday on smuggling charges. They face the death penalty if convicted. A senior official said: 'He can't go there and not raise the issue, but at the same time he does not want to make this the central issue. 'We don't want this to dominate his visit but he will certainly be reminding them that this matter has already been raised at the highest levels.' The fact that Zhuhai police agreed the men and the boats should have been released because of the intrusion into Hong Kong waters, although the Chinese officers on board the gunboat never received the message, will also be raised. Before yesterday's meeting of the Legislative Council security panel, members viewed a video of the incident but said it was of such poor quality that it was of no practical use. Another panel meeting will take place on April 28. Mr Hui's China trip, which will take in Guangxi and Guangdong provinces, will be Mr Hui's third mainland visit since taking office last July. Last August, after meeting Lu Ping, the Director of the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office, Mr Hui was given assurances on the continuation of existing conditions of service after 1997. On this trip he will be accompanied by Senior Assistant Commissioner Tsang Yam-pui and senior officers. It is known that he will visit Nanning and parts of the China-Vietnam border where drug and gun smuggling is considered a major problem. His precise itinerary has not been revealed.