A HONG KONG businessman yesterday said Public Security Bureau officers in Shenzhen had confiscated his travel documents, preventing him leaving China. Law Hing-chau, 47, said two mainland employees of his printing company had been detained by the officers from Honghu district. He said authorities had warned him that he might be charged with assaulting the bureau officers. Mr Law denied having done so. He said from Shenzhen last night: 'I tried to reason with the officers but they laughed and ignored me and prevented me from entering their offices.' After failing to obtain help in Honghu, Mr Law said he went to Lowu district but was turned away by Public Security Bureau officers who referred him back to Honghu. Mr Law had been operating his printing company on the first floor of Tsui Do Centre without incident for several years. Some posters outside his shop were recently torn down and he had complained to the management office. Mr Law said that as a result security guards had threatened to kill him. He ignored the threats, and claimed that on Sunday several of the guards punched his 16-year-old son. Mr Law made another report to the management office and was allegedly threatened again. Shortly after 5 pm yesterday, he said, the guards locked the gates of all the exits of the arcade before he finished the day's business. He said his mainland wife climbed out of a window to the ground floor but found a party of Public Security Bureau officers from Honghu district already in the building. Mr Law said the officers took away his home visit permit and his Hong Kong identity card before arresting his two mainland employees. He said officers at Honghu had told him they were considering action against him for assaulting bureau officers. 'I did not even have a scuffle with any of them,' Mr Law said.