A DISTRICT board member accused of operating an unlicensed travel agency walked free yesterday. The smiling 50-year-old councillor, Szeto Chak, said he was delighted to have his name cleared after being acquitted by Kwun Tong Court. Mr Szeto, a primary school vice-principal, represents the Jordan Valley area on Kwun Tong District Board. He was accused of aiding and abetting Li Ping-yuen, 26, to operate an unlicensed travel firm in On Kay Court Shopping Centre, Ngau Tau Kok on October 25 last year. The charge was dismissed by magistrate Li Wai-chi yesterday after prosecutor Irene Lam decided not to pursue the case. She said she had sought advice from senior Crown barristers before making the decision. The prosecution offered no evidence. Li Ping-yuen earlier pleaded guilty to operating the travel agency in question without a licence. He was fined $5,000 in January. Mr Szeto denied the allegations and said after yesterday's hearing he did not even know Li. The councillor said he had organised tours to Shenzhen for the neighbourhood last year. Li contacted his assistants and offered to arrange the tour packages. Mr Szeto said he had no idea why he himself had been prosecuted. He said he believed Li had also helped colleagues in the Kwun Tong District Board to organise similar holiday tours.