YUEN LONG clansmen fighting the government clearance of an ancestral grave for a landfill project have threatened to take their complaint to Beijing. The Tang clan has been ordered by the Lands Department to move the Nim Wan grave by June 30 or it will be cleared. Representative Tang Yan-chor said: 'The grave has been there for more than 200 years - long before the invasion of the British. 'It is on a piece of Chinese land and the Government's claim that it is Crown land is definitely nonsense. 'We have the support of Xinhua [the New China News Agency] and will take our case to Beijing if the Government invades our land.' Mr Tang said the plan was in breach of an 1899 agreement with the Qing dynasty which stated that 'graves in the lease territory are never to be removed', and challenged the Government to present legal proof as to when the agreement had been repealed. A government spokesman has warned the administration's $1.7 million ex gratia payment to villagers will be withdrawn if they do not voluntarily remove the grave by the deadline. The landfill capacity would shrink by 30 per cent if the grave area were excluded from the West New Territories development, the Government said. But villagers said removing the grave would destroy good fung shui.