AN inter-agency taskforce probing last week's $10 million jetfoil robbery will meet shortly to decide the fate of three mainland suspects. Chen Wenjian, the third fugitive on a nationwide arrest warrant, was captured yesterday and another $2 million was reportedly recovered. Because of doubts over where the trio can be prosecuted, police from Macau, Hong Kong and China want to meet in the next few days to resolve complex legal problems. There are suggestions the suspects could be returned to the territory in an unofficial extradition. However, a Guangdong Justice Department spokesman last night insisted the men should face the death penalty in China. 'According to Chinese law, if the crime is committed in Chinese territory or waters, Chinese authorities are obliged to take charge of the case,' he said. 'If they have committed a serious crime - for example, robbery - they are likely to face execution. It all depends on the seriousness of the crime.' Chen, 22, was arrested in Huangshi, Hubei province, more than 1,000 kilometres north of Zhongshan where he lives. Chinese police refused to confirm $2 million was also found. At least 30 police from Guangdong, Zhongshan and Huangshi combined forces to arrest Chen, who was captured in a hostel while sleeping. 'We overpowered him very quickly. Not that he didn't struggle,' said a Huangshi Public Security Bureau detective. The spokesman said a man and a woman, both in their 30s, were arrested with Chen. Police said the arrest followed a tip-off Chen had gone to Huangshi to his sister-in-law's relatives. It is understood Chen, questioned by police last night in Huangshi, would be brought to Guangdong today for further interrogation with his two alleged accomplices. On Tuesday, two suspects named in the warrant - Zhang Shaomain, 27 and Zhou Hanlin, 22 - surrendered after officials put pressure on their families. The Justice Department spokesman said because Chen had been on the run since the June 13 robbery of the Far East Jetfoil, Guia, he faced the prospect of a harsher penalty. Zhang and Zhou might be treated more leniently because they surrendered. Although the hijacking took place near Niutou Island in Chinese waters, the Organised Crime and Triad Bureau headed the inter-agency police squad on the basis the vessel was locally registered. Guangdong Public Security Bureau spokesman He Waihe said a meeting would determine which jurisdiction had best claims on prosecuting the suspects. 'We have many former cases where we returned suspects to Hong Kong police after they had hid in China,' he said. Police said they were still searching for two Macau residents believed to be in hiding in China. So far, 20 people have been questioned or arrested, but only two have been charged - Macau Judiciary Police Assistant Detective Wu Shu-cheong in the enclave and mainland driver Liang Bingzhao in Hong Kong.