LEGAL action may be taken against a Kwun Tong factory that allegedly illegally stored dangerous chemicals, following a toxic gas leak yesterday. Firemen found 49 drums of ammonia solution in a storeroom on the first floor of Wong's Industrial Centre in Wai Yip Street. More than 10 workers were evacuated and firemen had to use a spray jet to dilute the gas. Kowloon Eastern divisional fire officer, Liu Ching-chung, said there were doubts the firm, Wong's Circuits, was licensed to store dangerous goods. 'Our officers from the Fire Protection Bureau will follow up the case,' he said. 'Samples of the solution have been sent to a government laboratory for examination. 'If we confirm the solvency is Category No 4 dangerous goods and kept without a licence for dangerous storage, we will take action to prosecute the company.' Mr Liu added: 'It's toxic and corrosive gas, which could attack our breathing system and damage our lungs.' A section of Kai Yip Street was cordoned off. No casualties were reported.