THE monthly income limit for a sandwich-class family applying to buy the latest project in Ma On Shan has been raised by 13 per cent to $50,000. Housing Society planning and development director Francis Law Hoo-yan said the adjustment had been made in line with the higher limit of the Housing Authority's Home Ownership Scheme. A total of 882 flats in the Park Belvedere project will be available for sale from today. The flats, ranging from 625 to 873 square feet, are priced between $1.24 million and $2.32 million - about 65 per cent of similar private sector units in the district. 'We expect many people will be interested in this project,' Mr Law said, estimating the project would attract about 4,500 applicants. The first middle-class housing project on Tsing Yi, which provided 1,024 flats last December, attracted 4,400 applications. 'We've talked to some banks and we hope they can provide 80 per cent mortgage financing to qualified buyers,' Mr Law said. Thirty per cent of the units would be affordable for families at the lower end of the sandwich-class range, he added. The project is scheduled for completion in May 1997 and the application period will end on December 15. The sandwich-class housing scheme was proposed by Governor Chris Patten in October 1992 to provide flats below the market price for the middle-income group who are ineligible for public housing yet cannot afford private sector flats. Other development sites include Tseung Kwan O, Sha Tin, Ho Man Tin, Ap Lei Chau and Kwai Chung.