THE K. S. Lo Gallery, a two-storey classical Western style building purpose-built for the Urban Council to display the precious collection of ceramics and Chinese seals donated by the K. S. Lo Foundation, has been officially opened. The gallery, named after the late benefactor and devoted art collector Dr K. S. Lo, is in Hong Kong Park adjacent to a new wing of the Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware. The donated ceramics, dated from the Song dynasty (960-1280) to the Ming dynasty (1368-1644), include wares of the five 'famous' kilns of the Song dynasty such as the Ru ware washer, the Ding ware bowl with carved lotus decoration, the Longquan Guan-type cup, the Jun ware tripod sensor and the Ge ware dish. The donated seal collection includes works dated from the late Ming dynasty (mid-17th century) to the 20th century such as works carved by famous Qing artists including the Eight Masters of Siling. The gallery and exhibition is open to the public for free. Opening hours are from 10 am to 5 pm daily except Wednesdays.