China has no plans to ask top civil servants to quit and help the chief executive-designate, according to senior Chinese official Lu Ping . Mr Lu, the Director of the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office, said China had not told Britain it wanted key officials seconded to work with the chief executive, who will be selected by the end of the year. There was much work for the Hong Kong Government to do in the 11 months before the handover and asking senior officials to leave their posts would disrupt that work, he said. The effective administration of the Hong Kong Government should be maintained, Mr Lu told a delegation of journalists from the territory. There had been no discussions between China and Britain on the composition of the team-designate helping the chief executive. It would be up to the chief executive to decide on the size of the team and who it should include. It had been suggested Britain had proposed that Chief Secretary Anson Chan Fang On-sang quit her post when the chief executive was selected so as to help him or her to prepare for the takeover. On Thursday, Mrs Chan described such suggestions as unfounded. Mr Lu also repeated comments on the press, saying advocating two Chinas would be banned. 'I don't want to create any illusions for the people of Hong Kong. It will not be possible for anyone in the territory to agitate for Taiwan's independence or Hong Kong's independence,' he said. The future Special Administrative Region government had to legislate against such 'seditious or subversive acts'. Mr Lu said there was a 'remarkable difference' between agitation and objective reporting. Agitation for the overthrow of the Government was also forbidden in the United States, he said. On the fate of Chinese dissidents, Mr Lu said they could stay if they arrived before next year and had been given residency by the Immigration Department.